« السابقةمتابعة »
HISTORY AND ORIGIN
CONTAINING FAITHFUL ACCOUNTS OF THE
VOYAGES, TRAVELS, LABOURS, AND SUCCESSES
THE VARIOUS MISSIONARIES
Who have been sent out, for the purpose of Evangelizing the Heathen, and other
THE HABITABLE GLOBE.
COMPILED AND ARRANGED FROM AUTHENTIC DOCUMENTS,
MANY VALUABLE AND CURIOUS FACTS,
CONNECTED WITH THE SPREAD OF THE GOSPEL.
THE WHOLE FORMING A NEW AND COMPLETE
Illustrated and Embellished with numerous highly interesting Engravings, from
REV. THOMAS SMITH,
Minister of Trinity Chapel, Leather Lane, Holborn; Editor of a New and Complete
PRINTED FOR THOMAS KELLY & RICHARD EVANS,
By CHARLES BAYNES, Duke Street, Lincoln's Inn Fields.
56 V. |
The Plan and Object of the History of the Missionary Societies having been submitted to us, we beg leave most cordially to recommend it to the attention of the Religious Public, considering it highly calcu lated to extend the interest which is already felt on behalf of these important institutions.
JOHN CLAYTON, JUN. A.M.
JOHN RYLAND, D.D.
NEW AND VALUABLE PUBLICATIONS,
No. 17, PATERNOSTER-ROW, LONDON;
AND SOLD BY
HIS AGENTS AND THE BOOKSELLERS IN ALL PARTS OF THE
1. A NEW EDITION of MATTHEW HENRY'S FAMILY BIBLE; containing the Sacred Texts of the Old and New Testaments at large; with Notes and Annotations; handsomely printed in grand Folio, embellished with elegant Engravings; and completed 168 Numbers, price 6d. each, and in Parts, at 68.; with a complete CONCORDANCE, by the Rev. THOMAS SMITH,
Mr. SMITH'S correct and compendious CONCORDANCE may be had separately, to bind up with any of the Folio Bibles, price 178. It is also printed in Quarto and in Octavo, to suit the convenience of purchasers.
The Books of the APOCRYPHA, with Engravings, suitable to bind up with any of the Folio Bibles, in 22 Numbers, price 6d. each; or, sewed in One Fart, price 11s.
2. FOLIO EDITION OF BURKITT'S EXPOSITORY NOTES, with PRACTICAL OBSERVATIONS on the NEW TESTAMENT. Designed to encourage the Reading of the Holy Scriptures in Private Families, and to render the daily Perusal of them profitable and delightful. In 90 Numbers, price 6d. each, or 7 Parts, at 68. Embellished with numerous Engravings.
3. FOX'S BOOK of MARTYRS, or, the Acts and Monuments of the Christian Church; being a complete HISTORY OF MARTYRDOM, from the Commencement of Christianity to the present Time. Revised and improved by Malham, in large folio, with Copper-plate Engravings; comprised in 100 Numbers, price 8d. each.
4. BROWN'S DICTIONARY of the BIBLE; or, a Body of Scripture History, Chronology, and Divinity. An entire New Edition, carefully revised and corrected by the Rev. THOMAS SMITH. To which is added, his correct and compendious CONCORDANCE; with numerous Engravings. The Dictionary is completed in 54 Numbers, and the Concordance in 30 Numbers, price 6d, each.
5. FLEETWOOD'S LIFE of our LORD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST: with the Lives of the Apostles, Evangelists, &c. In 40 Numbers, price 6d. each, or bound in calf 17. 8s., embellished with numerous appropriate Engravings.
6. HERVEY'S MEDITATIONS and CONTEMPLATIONS, with the Life of the Author, and his Funeral Sermon by the Rev. W. Romaine, A.M. Neatly printed in 8vo., with fine Engravings, and comprised in 18 Numbers, price 6d. each, or neatly bound, price 11s. 6.
7. HERVEY'S DIALOGUES and LETTERS, or, THERON and ASPASIO; being a Series of Dialogues and Letters on the most important and interesting Subjects of the Gospel. Printed uniformly with the above, embellished with beautiful Engravings, and completed in 40 Numbers, price 6d. each, or 2 vols, bound, 24s.
8. BUNYAN'S PILGRIM'S PROGRESS, from this World to that which is to come; delivered under the Similitude of a Dream; with Mason's Explanatory Notes, and Evangelical Reflections from the Rev. J. Newton, J. Bradford, and Dr. Hawker. With fine Engravings, in 18 Numbers, at 6d., or 11s. 6d. bound. An entire new Edition, to which is added, in 6 Numbers, BUNYAN'S DIVINE EMBLEMS and his VISIONS OF HEAVEN AND HELL,
9. The DEATH of ABEL, (in Five Books,) Translated from the German of Solomon Gessner, by Mrs. Collyer, with Memoirs of the Author. To which is added, the Death of Cain, Life of Joseph, and Death, a Vision. Printed in 8vo. with Engravings, and comprised in 20 Numbers, price 6d. each, or bound, 12s. 6d.
10. WATT'S WORLD TO COME; or, Discourses on the Joys and Sorrows of Departed Souls at Death, and the Glory or Terror of the Resurrection. To which is prefixed, an ESSAY toward the Proof of a Separation of Souls after Death. To which is added, the Life of the Author. Embellished with Engravings, and completed in 18 Numbers, in 8vo., price 6d. each, or 11s. 6d. bound.
11. MILLER'S SCRIPTURE HISTORY, for the Improvement of Youth. With near 200 interesting Engravings, with Poetical Elucidations to each, and calculated to impress on the minds of Children the most important incidents in Holy Writ. Pocket Edition, in 25 Numbers, at 6d, each, or 3 vols. bound, 16s. 6d.
The Parts and Numbers of most of the above Works being complete, the whole, or any portion of them, may be had, at the Option of Purchasers.