« السابقةمتابعة »
St. MATTH. Chap. XXI. Ver. 4, to 9.
4. This was done, that it might be fulfilled which was Spoken by the prophet, saying,
5. Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy king cometh unto thee, meek, and fitting upon an afs, and a colt the fole of an afs.
6. And the difciples went, and did as Jefus com manded them,
7. And brought the afs, and the colt, and put on them their cloaths, and they fet him thereon, &c.
The Buyers and Sellers caft out of the Temple.
TO God's high Temple Jefus went and found
From diftant Bafan's fertile Paftures bought,
"For Zeal of thy dear House my Spirits decay,
It finks my Strength, and fteals my fainting Soul
St. MATTH. Chap. XXI. Ver. 12, 13.
12. Fefus went into the temple of God, and caft out all them that fold and bought in the temple, and overthrew the tables of the money-changers, and the feats of them that fold doves,
13. And faid unto them, It is written, My houfe hall be called the house of prayer, but ye have made it a den of thieves.
The wicked Husbandmen, and their juft Punishment.
Lord there was who plants a noble Vine,
This foon he did to Husbandmen convey,
The Wretches he'll deftroy, their Houses burn, To thofe his Vineyards let, who will the Fruits
St. MATTH. Chap. XXI. Ver. 33,to 38.
33. There was a certain boufholder which planted 4 vineyard, and hedged it round about, and digged a wine-prefs in it, and built a tower, and let it out to busbandmen, and fent his fervants to receive the fruits of it, &c.
37. Laft of all, he fent unto them his fon, saying, They will reverence my fon.
38. But when the husbandmen faw the fon, they faid among themselves, This is the heir, come, let us kill him, and let us feize on his inheritance.