« السابقةمتابعة »
HAG. ii. 19. From this day will I bless you.
The words being confidered in their connection, divided and explained,
After a brief introduction, clear analization, and fuccinct explication
The Second doctrine is, "That it is the property of true faith to en-
The words being viewed in their connection, explained, and a doctrinal 4
1. To fpeak a little concerning this humiliation,
2. Confider the fpring of it, viz. God's being pacified,
The Word of Salvation fent to Sinners,
ACTS xiv. 26.—To you is the word of this falvation fent.
The words being explained, and a doctrine raised from them, the fol-
1. To fpeak concerning this falvation,
of the fending of this word,
4. To make application of the whole, in ten inferences,
LUKE XIV. 23.-Compel them to come in, that my boufe may be filled.
The words being viewed in their feope, divided and explained, and doctrinal propofition raifed from them, the following topics of difcourfe are propofed, viz.
1. To fpeak of the ministerial commiffion and authority imported in this word, Compel them,
(1.) Who have this authority to compel,
(2.) Whom they are warranted to compel,
2. To enquire into the end and defign of it, viz. that they come in, 209 3. To fpeak of the reafons thereof, namely, that his boufe may be
4. To deduce ten inferences for the application of the subject, 218 A variety of arguments aduced to inforce the duty, 228 An appendix, containing fundry confiderations and advices to the people, fuddenly deprived of their minifter,
SERMON CXVII, CXVIII.
The Fountain-Head of all Bleffings; or, the great
2 COR. V. 18.-All things are of God.