« السابقةمتابعة »
And now, before his father God,
Sweet mercy smiles, and all is peace.
every dark, distressful hour,
When sin and Satan join their power:
5. Great Advocate, Almighty Friend-
Hymn 95. c. M.
joy we meditate the grace Of our High-Priest above:
His heart is made of tenderness,
His bowels melt with love.
2. Touch'd with a sympathy within,
He knows what sore temptation's mean,
3. He in the days of feeble flesh.
Pour'd out strong cries and tears;, And in his measure feels afresh, What ev'ry member bears.
4. He'll never quench the smoaking flax, But raise it to a flame;
The bruised reed he never breaks,
Nor scorns the meanest name.
5. Then let our humble faith address
Hymn 96. c. M.
I KNOW that my Redeemer lives,.
And ever prays for me:
A token of his love he gives,
2. Thy love I soon expect to find,
3. When God is mine, and I am his,
I taste unutterable bliss,
Hymn 97. P. M.
LORY be to God on high,
God whose glory fills the sky::
2. Sov'reign Father, Heav'nly King,.
3. Hail! by all thy works ador'd;
4. Christ, our Lord and God we own;
5. Bow thine ear, in mercy bow,
6. Pow'rful Advocate with God,
Bow thine ear, in mercy bow,
Hymn 98. P. M.
ARISE, my soul, arise,
Shake off thy guilty fears,.
The bleeding Sacrifice
In my behalf appears.
2. He ever lives above,
For me to intercede;
His precious blood to plead;
3. Five bleeding wounds he bears, Receiv'd on Calvary:
They pour effectual pray'rs,
They strongly speak for me: Forgive him, O forgive, they cry, Nor let that ransom'd sinner die..
4. The Father hears him pray, His dear anointed One; He cannot turn away
The presence of his Son:
His spirit answers to the blood,
5. My God is reconcil❜d,
His pard'ning voice I hear;
With confidence I now draw nigh,
Hymn 99. P. M.
ESUS, my great High Priest,
My guilty conscience seeks
2. My advocate appears,
Or sin can say,
And love away.
Hymn 100. L. M.
HO shall the Lord's elect condemn ?
2. Who shall adjudge the saints to hell?
Behold him rising from the dead.
3. He lives! he lives! and sits above, Forever interceding there :
Who shall divide us from his love,
He that hath lov'd us, bears us through,
6. Not all that men on earth can do,
Or wean our hearts from Christ our love.
III. INFLUENCES OF THE SPIRIT OF
-Hymn 101, P. M.
Thy goodsess and thy truth we praise, Thy goodness and thy truth we prove ; Thou hast in honour of thy son
The gift unspeakable sent down,
The spir't of life, and power, and love;
2. Thou hast the prophecy fulfill'd,
The grand orig'nal compact seal'd,
For which thy word and oath were join'd ; The promise to our fallen head,
To ev'ry child of Adam made,
Is now pour'd out on all mankind.
3. The purchas'd comforter is given, For Jesus is return'd to heaven,
To claim, and then the grace impart :