« السابقةمتابعة »
5. To thee, dear Lord, our flesh and soul
Bless'd Jesus, take us for thy own,
6. Thine honour shall forever be
For ever shall our thankful tongues,
Hymn 88. P. M.
EJOICE, the Lord is King,
Lift up your hearts, lift up your voice,
The God of truth and love;
When he had purg'd our stains,
3. His kingdom cannot fail,
He rules o'er earth and heav'n;
Lift up, &c.
4. He all his foes shall quell,
And every bosom swell
Lift up, &c.
5. Rejoice in glorious hope,
Jesus, the Judge, shall come,
And take his servants up
To their eternal home;
We soon shall hear th' Archangel's voice,
A new song to the Lamb that was slain, Rev. v. 6, 8,
9, 10, 12.
EHOLD the glories of the Lamb
3. These are the prayers of the saints,
4. Now to the Lamb that once was slain,
Forever on thy head.
5. Thou hast redeem'd our souls with blood,
Hast made us kings and priests to God,
6. The worlds of nature and of
grace Are put beneath thy power; Then shorten these delaying days, And bring the promis'd hour.
Hymn 90. c. M.
CHRIST JESUS, the Lamb of God, worshipped by all the Creation, Rev. v. 11, 12, 13.
OME, let us join our cheerful songs
Ten thousand thousand are their tongues,
2. " Worthy the Lamb that died," they cry, "To be exalted thus:"
"Worthy the Lamb," our lips reply, For he was slain for us.
3. Jesus is worthy to receive
And blessings more than we can give,
4. Let all that dwell above the sky,
Hymn 91. c. м.
The Glory of Christ in heaven.
Where Jesus sheds the brightest beams
2. Sweet majesty and awful love
And all the glorious ranks above
3. Princes to his imperial name
Bend their bright sceptres down;
4. Archangels sound his lofty praise
5. This is the man, th' exalted man,
Hymn 92. c. M.
LL hail the pow'r of Jesus' name,
Bring forth the royal diadem,
And crown him Lord of all.
2. Crown him, ye martyrs of our God,
3. Ye chosen seed of Isr'el's race,
4. Ye Gentile sinners, ne'er forget
5. Babes, men, and sires, who know his love, Who feel your sins and thrall,
Now join with all the host above,
6. Let ev'ry kindred, ev'ry tribe,
To him all majesty ascribe,
7. O that with yonder sacred throng
We at his feet may fall..
Hymn 93. L. M.
1. OW let us raise our cheerful strains, And join the blissful choir above;
There our exalted Saviour reigns, And there they sing his wond'rous love. 2. While seraphs tune immortal song, O may we feel the sacred flame; And every heart and every tongue Adore the Saviour's glorious name. 3. Jesus, who once upon the tree In agonizing pains expir'd'; Who dy'd for rebels-yes, 'tis he! How bright! how lovely! how admir'd ! 4. Jesus, who dy'd that we might live, Dy'd in the wretched traitor's place; O what returns can mortals give, For such immeasurable grace!
5. Were universal nature ours,
And art with all her boasted store; Nature and art with all their powers, Would still confess the off'rer poor! 6. Yet tho' for bounty, so divine,
We ne'er can equal honours raise, Jesus, may all our hearts be thine, And all our tongues proclaim thy praise,
7. THE ADVOCACY OF CHRIST.
Hymn 94, L. M.
The intercession of Christ, Heb. vii. 25.