« السابقةمتابعة »
4. We sing of his love while sojourning here, "Till Christ from above our Saviour appear: The heirs of salvation with triumph receive, In full consummation of glory to live.
5. THE ASCENSION OF CHRIST..
Hymn 81. P. M.
LL hail the true Elijah,
The Lord our God and Saviour !.
By flaming steeds to heaven.
4. Borne on his fiery chariot,"
5. Who see their Lord at parting,TM
6. The spirit of our master
Shall rest on each believer:
And surely we our master see,
Who lives and reigns for ever.
7: Yes, our exalted Jesus,
By faith we now adore thee,
And still we sit before thy feet,
8. In vain the flaming chariot
We still through grace behold thy face,
Hymn 82. P. M.
IFT up your heads, ye gates,
2. He comes, he comes from far,
3. The Lord of Hosts is he,
Wide open throw, &c.
4. JEHOVAH, Jesus, Lord
Of earth and heaven receive,
Wide open throw, &c.
5. Forerunner of mankind
Hymn 83. . .
AIL, Jesus, hail, our great High-Priest,
That holy, happy place above!
Thou hast the conquest more than gain'd
For all who trust thy dying love. 2. That we the promise may receive, Might soon with thee in glory live,
Thou stand'st before thy Father now! For us thou dost in heav'n appear, Our surety, head, and harbinger, Our Saviour to the utmost thou. 3. Not without blood-thou pray'st above: The marks of thy expiring love God on thy hands engraven sees! He hears thy blood for mercy cry, And sends his spirit from the sky, And seals our everlasting peace. 4. Thankful we now the earnest take. The pledge thou wilt at last come back And openly thy servants own; To us, who long to see thee here, Thou shalt a second time appear, And bear us to thy glorious throne.
Hymn 84. c. M.
Christ ascending and reigning.
1. OH for a shout of sacred long!
Let ev'ry land their tongues employ,
5. While angels shout and praise their King,
4. Rehearse his praise with awe profound,
Hymn 85. L. M.
Christ's Ascension, Psalm xxiv, 7—9.
The powers of hell are captivc led, Dragg'd to the portals of the sky. 2. There his triumphal chariot waits,
And angels chant the solemn lay: "Lift up your heads, ye heav'nly gates! "Ye everlasting doors, give way!" 3. Loose all your barrs of massy light, And wide unfold the radiant scene; He claims these mansions as his right: Receive the King of Glory in.
4. "Who is the King of Glory, who?"
5. Lo! his triumphal chariot waits,
And angels chant the solemn lay, "Lift up your heads, ye heav'nly gates! "Ye everlasting doors, give way!" 6. "Who is the King of Glory, who?" The Lord of boundless power possest, The King of saints and angels too, God over all, for ever blest!
Hymn 86. L. M.
1. EJOICE ye shining worlds on high, Behold the King of Glory nigh!
Who can this King of glory be?
To give his saints a blest abode
6. THE GLORY OF CHRIST.
Hymn 87. c. M.
Redemption by Christ.
HEN the first parents of our race
W Rebell'd, and lost their God,
And the infection of their sin
Had tainted all our blood;
2. Infinite pity touch'd the heart
Descending from the heav'nly court,
3. Aside the Prince of glory threw
And wrapt his Godhead in a veil
4. His living pow'r and dying love.
And rais'd the ruins of our race