« السابقةمتابعة »
Believe, believe the record true,
Ye all are bought with Jesu's blood:
And gladly catch the healing stream:
Hymn 49. L. M.
1. F him who did salvation bring
Arise, ye guilty, he'll forgive;
2. Ask but his grace, and lo, 'tis giv❜n;
I shed my tears and make my moan;
5. Insatiate to this spring I fly;
Hymn 50. P. M.
LL ye that by, to Jesus draw nigh;
Your ransom and peace, your surety he is,
Come see if there ever was sorrow like his.
2. For what you have done, his blood must atone; The Father hath punish'd, for you, his dear Son: The Lord, in the day of his anger, did lay
Your sins on the Lamb, and he bore them away. 3. He answer'd for all, O come at his call, And low, at his cross, with astonishment fall. But lift up your eyes, to Jesus's cries, Impassive he suffers, immortal he dies.
4. He dies to atone for sins not his own,
Your debt he hath paid, and your work he hath done:
5. For you and for me he pray'd on the tree;
His prayer is accepted, the sinner is free.
The sinner am I-on Christ I rely,
And come for the pardon, God cannot deny.
6. My pardon I claim; a sinner I am,
A sinner believing in Jesus's name.
He purchas'd the grace, which now I embrace:
7. His death is my plea, my advocate see,
And hear the blood speak that hath answer'd for me
Hymn 51. L. M.
E dies, the Friend of sinners dies!
HL Salem's daughters weep around;
A solemn darkness veils the skies!
A sudden trembling shakes the ground!
2. Here's love and grief beyond degree, The Lord of glory dies for man! But lo! what sudden joys we see e;
Jesus, the dead, revives again! The rising God forsakes the tomb : (In vain the tomb forbids his rise) Cherubic legions guard him home,
And shout him welcome to the skies. 3. Break off your tears, ye saints, and tell, How high your great deliv'rer reigns; Sing how he spoil'd the hosts of hell, And led the monster death in chains! Say, "Live forever, wond'rous king! "Born to redeem, and strong to save!" Then ask the monster"Where's thy sting? "And where's thy vict'ry boasting grave
Hymn 52. c. M.
LUNG'D in a gulf of dark despair,
Without one cheering beam of hope,
2. With pitying eyes the Prince of grace
He saw, and (O amazing love!)
He ran to our relief.
3. Down from the shining seats above
4. O for this love let rocks and hills
5. Angels assist our mighty joys,
But when you raise your highest notes,
Hymn 53. c. M.
LAS! and did my Saviour bleed?
Would he devote that sacred head,
2. Was it for crimes that I have done,
3. Well might the sun in darkness hide,
When Christ, the mighty Saviour dy'd,
4. Thus might I hide my blushing face,
5. But drops of grief can ne'er repay
Hymn 54, F. M.
E heavens rejoice in Jesus's grace,
Yet even make a noise, and echo his praise
Our all loving Saviour hath pacify'd God, And paid for his favour the price of his blood. 2. Ye mountains and vales, in praises abound, Ye hills and ye dales, continue the sound: Break forth into singing, ye trees of the wood, For Jesus is bringing lost sinners to God.
3. Atonement he made for every one,
The debt he hath paid, the work he hath done; Shout all the creation, below and above, Ascribing salvation to Jesus's love.
4. His mercy hath brought salvation to all,
Hymn 55. L. M.
THis visage marr'd, his head reclin'd,
HERE hangs the Saviour of mankind,
His bleeding hands, his bleeding feet,
2. His flesh is torn with whips and nails;
Hymn 56. c. M.
EHOLD the loving Son of God
2. Why is his body rack'd with pains,