« السابقةمتابعة »
The dumb speak wonders, and the lame Leap like the hart, and bless his name! 2. Thus doth th' eternal Spirit own
And seal the mission of the Son;
3. He dies; the heav'ns in mourning stood;
Behold the Lord ascending high,
Hymn 42. L. M.
The Humiliation, Exaltation, and Triumphs of Christ.Phil. ii. 8, 9. Col. ii. 15%.
HE mighty frame of glorious grace,
"TH That brightest monument of praise
That e'er the God of Love design'd,
3. Proclaim inimitable love,
Jesus the Lord of worlds above,
4. He that distributes crowns and thrones
5. But see the wonders of his
He triumphs in his dying hour,
And, while by Satan's rage he fell,
He dash'd the rising hopes of hell.
6. Thus were the hosts of death subdu'd,
Hymn 43. c. M.
The Messiah's coming and kingdom.
OY to the world; the Lord is come;
Let ev'ry heart prepare him room,
2. Joy to the earth; the Saviour reigns;
While fields and floods, rocks, hills and plains Repeat the sounding joy.
3. No more let sins and sorrows grow,
He comes to make his blessings flow
4. He rules the world with truth and grace,
Let sinners tremble at his throne,
2. Jesus the Saviour reigns,
Let earth adore its Lord;
Bright cherubs his attendants stand,
And swift fulfil his word.
3. In Zion is his throne;
His honours are divine;
His church shall make his wonders knowny
4. How holy is his name!
How terrible his praise!
Hymn 45. 1. M.
The glory of Christ, and power of his gospel.
OW be my heart inspir'd to sing
2. O'er all the sons of human race,
3. Dress thee in arms, most mighty Lord!
With truth and meekness at thy side.
5. Thy throne, O God, forever stands;
6. God, thine own God, has richly shed
Hymn 46. P. M.
1. JOIN all the glorious names
Of wisdom, love, and pow'r,
2. But Ọ what gentle terms,
3. Array'd in mortal flesh,
To mortals known.
4. Great Prophet of my God,
Of our salvation came;
The joyful news
Of sin forgiv❜n,
Of hell subdu'd
And peace with heav'n.
3. THE PASSION OF CHRIST. Hymn 47. c. M.
EHOLD the Saviour of mankind
Bail'd to the shameful tree;
How vast the love that him inclin'd
2. Hark, how he groans! while nature shakes,
3. 'Tis done! the precious ransom's paid,
See, where he bows his sacred head!
4. But soon he'll break death's envious chain, And in full glory shine;
O Lamb of God! was ever pain,
Hymn 48. P. M.
[From the German:]
Love divine! what hast thou done!
The Father's co-eternal Son,
Bore all my sins upon
Th' atoning Lamb for me hath dy'd;
2. Behold him, all ye that pass by,
The bleeding Prince of life and peace!
To bring us rebels back to God: