« السابقةمتابعة »
4. Thy angels shall around their beds
Thy grace and truth shall shield their heads,
5. May we with calm and sweet repose,
Hymn 396. c. M.
OSANNA, with a cheerful sound,
Ten thousand snares attend us round,
2. That was a most amazing pow'r
3. The ev❜ning rests our weary head,
4. The rising morning can't assure
5. Our breath is forfeited by sin
We own thy grace, immortal King!
6. God is our sun, whose daily light
Hymn 397. P. M.
GOD of my life to thee
My cheerful soul I raise;
From whom alone my birth,
3. Long as I live beneath,
To thee, O let me live!
In thanks and praises give :
4. My soul and all its pow'rs, Thine, wholly thine shall be ; All, all my happy hours,
I consecrate to thee:
Me to thine image now restore,
5. I wait thy will to do,
As angels do in heav'n;
I wait thy righteous will to prove,
6. Then when the work is done, The work of faith with pow'r, Receive thy favour'd son,
In death's triumphant hour: Like Moses to thyself convey, And kiss my raptur'd soul away.
Hymn 398. P. M.
OW away with our fears,
When an heir of salvation was born!
For his glory I am,
And to him I with singing return.
2. Thou, my Jesus alone,
Art the fountain I own Of my life and felicity here; And I cheerfully sing
My Redeemer and King,
"Till his signs in the heavens appear.
3. I with thanks do rejoice
In thy fatherly choice
Of my state and condition below;
4. O the infinite cares,
And temptations, and snares,
Which thy hand hath conducted me thro'! O the blessings bestow'd
By a bountiful God,
And the mercies eternally new!
5. What a mercy is this,
What a heaven of bliss,
Gather'd into thy fold,
Hymn 399. L. M.
Youth and Judgment, Eccl. xi. 9.
Indulge your eyes, indulge your tongue,
2. Pursue the pleasures you design,
There is a day of judgment too.
3. God from on high beholds your thoughts,
4. The vengeance to your follies due
Should strike your hearts with terror thro':
Or answer for his injur'd grace?
5. Almighty God, turn off their eyes
And let the thunder of thy word
Hymn 400. L. M.
Old age and death in an unconverted state,
OW in the heat of youthful blood,
1. Remember your Creator, God:
Behold the months come hast'ning on,
2. Behold the aged sinner goes,
3. The dust returns to dust again;
4. Eternal King! I fear thy name,
Hymn 401. c. M.
IME! what an empty vapour 'tis,
2. The present moments just appear,
That we can never say, 66 They're here,"
3. Our life is ever on the wing,
And death is ever nigh;
The moment, when our lives begin,