« السابقةمتابعة »
Blest Comforter, with peace and joy
5. Eternal, undivided Lord,
Co-equal, One in Three,
On thee all faith, all hope be plac'd,
Hymn 252. P. M.
HOU great mysterious God unknown,
Mine inmost soul expose to view,
2. If I have only known thy fear,
3.. Short of thy love I would not stop,
I would not, Lord, my soul deceive,
4. Whate er obstructs thy pard❜ning love,
My heart of unbelief convince,
Hymn 253. L. M..
Y hope, my all, my Saviour thou,
I feel the bliss thy wounds impart,
Hymn 254. L. M.
HEN, gracious Lord, when shall it be
The fulness of thy promise prove,
2. A poor blind child I wander here,
O dark! dark! dark! I still must say,
3. Thee, only thee, I fain would find,
Of all thou hast in earth or heav'n.
4. When from the arm of flesh set free,
Hymn 255. L. M.
HOM man forsakes thou wilt not leave,
3. Lord, I am sick, my sickness cure:
4. Lord, I am blind, be thou my sight:
Hymn 256. L. M.
PIERCE, fill me with an
IERCE, fill me with an humble fear;
Satan and sin are always near;
Thee, may I always nearer feel!
2. O! that to thee my constant mind
The slightest touch of sin to feel! 4. Till thou anew my soul create,
Still may I strive, and watch and pray :
Humbly and confidently wait,
And long to see the perfect day.
Hymn 257. L. M.
GOD, most merciful and true, Thy nature to my soul impart; 'Stablish with me the cov❜nant new, And stamp thine image on my heart. 2. To real holiness restor❜d,
O let me gain my Saviour's mind; And in the knowledge of my Lord Fulness of life eternal find.
3. Remember, Lord, my sins no more; Though them I may no more forget; But, sunk in guiltless shame, adore With speechless wonder at thy feet. 4. O'erwhelm'd with thy stupendous grace I shall not in thy presence move; But breathe unutterable praise
In rapt❜rous awe and silent love.
5. Then ev'ry murm'ring thought and vain Expires, in sweet confusion lost:
I cannot of my cross complain,
Hymn 258. c. M.
OUNTAIN of life, to all below,
Water, replenish, and o'erflow
2. Into that happy number, Lord,
Jesus, fulfill thy gracious word;
For thine own mercy's sake.
3. Turn back our nature's rapid tide,
While down the stream of time we glide,
4. The well of life to us thou art,
Of joy the swelling flood; Wafted by thee, with willing heart,
We swift return to God.
5. We soon shall reach the boundless sea,
Hymn 259. c. M.
ASK the gift of righteousness,
Pow'r to believe and go in peace,
2. My ardent soul cries out, oppress'd,
3. Art thou not able to convert,
To change this old, rebellious heart,
Hymn 260. c. M.
Characters of the children of God. 1. Pet. ii. 2. 1. John iii. 9.
S new-born babes desire the breast
To feed, and grow, and thrive: So saints with joy the gospel taste, And by the gospel live.