« السابقةمتابعة »
Glad tidings of great joy I bring
3." To you, in David's town, this day,
"The Saviour, who is Christ the Lord; "And this shall be the sign:
4. "The heav'nly babe you there shall find, "To human view display'd,
"All meanly wrapp'd in swathing bands,
5. Thus spake the Seraph, and forthwith
6." All glory be to God on high,
Hymn 23. s. M.
The nativity of Christ. Luke i. 30, &c.
Luke ii. 10, &c.
EHOLD the grace appears,” ́ ́
Mary, the wondrous virgin, bears,
And Jesus is the child....
2. To bring the glorious news,
He tells the shepherds of their joys,
3. "Go humble swains," said he,
"The promis'd infant born to-day, "Doth in a manger lye♪♪
4." With looks and hearts serene, "Go visit Christ your King;"
And straight a flaming troop was seen'; The shepherds heard them sing.
5. "Glory to God on high!
"And heav'nly peace on earth, "Good-will to men, to Angels joy, "At the Redeemer's birth."
6. In worship so divine,
Let saints employ their tongues,
"And heav'nly peace on earth, "Good-will to men, to Angels joy, "At our Redeemer's birth."
Hymn 24. c. M.
WAKE, awake the sacred song
Let ev'ry heart and ev'ry tongue
Adore th'eternal Word.
2. That awful Word, that sovereign Pow',
3. Then shone almighty power and love
4. To dwell with misery below,
3. Adoring Angels tun'd their songs
With rapture then, let mortal tongues
6. What glory, Lord, to thee is due!
But could we sing as Angels do,
Hymn 25. c. M.
The Redeemer's message. Luke iv. 18, 19.
1.HARK, the glad sound, the Saviour comes,
The Saviour promis'd long!
Let every heart prepare a throne,
2. On him the Spirit, largely pour'd,
Wisdom and might, and zeal and love,
3. He comes the prisoners to release,
The gates of brass before him burst,
4. He comes, from thickest films of vice,
And on the eyes opprest with night,
5. He comes, the broken heart to bind,
6. Our glad Hosannas, Prince of Peace.
Hymn 26. c. M.
HEPHERDS, rejoice, lift up your eyes,
1."SH "And send your fears away;
"News from the regions of the skies,
2. "Jesus, the God whom angels fear,
3. "No gold, nor purple swadling bands,
4. "Go, shepherds, where the infant lies,
6. "Glory to God that reigns above,
7. Lord! and shall angels have their songs,,
8, Glory to God that reigns above,
We join to sing our Maker's love,
Hymn 27. P. M.
ROM regions of love, lo! an angel descended,
"Go, shepherds, and visit this wonderful stranger, "See yonder bright star-There's your Lord in a manger!"
Hallelujah to the Lamb
Who hath purchas'd our pardon,
When we pass over Jordan.
2. Glad tidings I bring unto you and each nation,
3. Now glory to God in the highest is given,
4. Enraptur'd I burn with delight and desire,
5. Triumphantly ride in thy chariot victorious,
Hymn 28. P. M.
LI, glory to God in the sky,