« السابقةمتابعة »
"Glad tidings of great joy I bring "To you, and all mankind.
3. "To you, in David's town, this day, "Is born of David's line,
"The Saviour, who is Christ the Lord; "And this shall be the sign:
4. "The heav'nly babe you there shall find, "To human view display'd,
"All meanly wrapp'd in swathing bands, "And in a manger laid."
5. Thus spake the Seraph, and forthwith
6." All glory be to God on high,
Hymn 23. s. M,
The nativity of Christ. Luke i. 30, &c.
EHOLD the grace appears,
Mary, the wondrous virgin, bears,
2. To bring the glorious news,
3. "Go humble swains," said he,
4." With looks and hearts serene, "Go visit Christ your King,"
And straight a flaming troop was seen'; The shepherds heard them sing. 5. "Glory to God on high!
"And heav'nly peace on earth, "Good-will to men, to Angels joy, "At the Redeemer's birth."
6. In worship so divine,
Let saints employ their tongues,
"And heav'nly peace on earth, "Good-will to men, to Angels joy, "At our Redeemer's birth."
Hymn 24. c. M.
1. AWAKE, awake the sacred song,
Let ev'ry heart and ev'ry tongue
2. That awful Word, that sovereign Pow't,
3. Then shone almighty power and love
4. To dwell with misery below,
With rapture then, let mortal tongues
6, What glory, Lord, to thee is due!
Hymn 25. c. м.
The Redeemer's message. Luke iv. 18, 19.
HARK, the glad sound, the Saviour comes,
The Saviour promis'd long!
Let every heart prepare a throne,
2. On him the Spirit, largely pour'd, Exerts his sacred fire;
Wisdom and might, and zeal and love,
3. He comes the prisoners to release,
4. He comes, from thickest films of vice,
5. He comes, the broken heart to bind,
6. Our glad Hosannas, Prince of Peace
Hymn 26. c. M.
1." SHEPHERDS, rejoice, lift up your eyes,
send your away; "News from the regions of the skies, "Salvation's born to-day.
2. "Jesus, the God whom angels fear,
3. "No gold, nor purple swadling bands,,
4. "Go, shepherds, where the infant lies,
5. Thus Gabriel sang, and straight around!
They tune their harps to lofty sound,
6. "Glory to God that reigns above,
7. Lord! and shall angels have their songs,, And men no tunes to raise?..
O may we lose these useless tongues
8, Glory to God that reigns above,
We join to sing our Maker's love,
Hymn 27. P. M.
ROM regions of love, lo! an angel descended,
"Go, shepherds, and visit this wonderful stranger, "See yonder bright star-There's your Lord in a manger!"
Hallelujah to the Lamb
Who hath purchas'd our pardon,
2. Glad tidings I bring unto you and each nation, Glad tidings of joy, now behold your salvation: Then suddenly multitudes raise their glad voices, And shout the Redeemer, while heaven rejoices. Hallelujah, &c.
3. Now glory to God in the highest is given,
4. Enraptur'd I burn with delight and desire, Such love, so divine, sets my soul all on fire: Around the bright throne hosannas are ringing; O! when shall I join them, and ever be singingHallelujah, &c.
5. Triumphantly ride in thy chariot victorious,
Hymn 28. P. M.
LI, glory to God in the sky,