« السابقةمتابعة »
Bid me stretch out my wither'd hands,
6. Silent (alas! thou know'st how long)
But, O! when thou shalt loose my tongue! The dumb shall sing thy praise.
Hymn 217. s. M.
AH! whither shall I go,
Burden'd, and sick, and faint?.
To whom should I my trouble show,
He calls the weary sinner home;.
2. What is it keeps me back,
Some wicked thing unknown
Must surely lurk within ;
3. Jesus, the hind'rance show,
Which I have fear'd to see ;.
Compassion reigns alone :-
In me is all the bar,
Which thou would'st fain remove
Hymn 218. г. M.
* JESUS, if still the same thou art,
If all thy promises are sure,
And make me rich, for I am poor ::
2: Thou hast pronounc'd the mourners blest, And lo! for thee I ever mourn:
I cannot, no, I will not rest,
Till thou my only rest return:
3. Where is the blessedness bestow'd
Mark, what my lab'ring soul would say: Answer the deep unutter'd groan, And shew, that thou, and I, are one. 5. Shine on thy work, disperse the gloom; Light in thy light I then shali see; Say to my soul, "Thy light is come, "Glory divine is ris'n on thee : "Thy warfare's past, thy mourning's o'er "Look up, for thou shalt weep no more.
Hymn 219. c. M.
OD is in this and ev'ry place; But O! how dark and void, To me, 'tis one great wilderness, This earth, without my God.. 2. Empty of him who all things fills, "Till he his light impart :"Till he his glorious self reveals, The veil is on my heart.
3. O thou who seest and know'st my grief, Thyself unseen, unknown,
Pity my helpless unbelief,
And break my heart of stone.
5. A darker soul did never yet
Thy promis'd help implore:
O that I now my Lord might meets-
6. Now, Jesus, now the Father's love
Hymn 220. c. M.
HOU hidden God, for whom I groa
God, inaccessible, unknown,
2. A sinner welt'ring in his blood,
3. An unregen'rate child of man,
4. The darkness which, thro' thee, I feel,
5. I am in unbelief shut up,
6. Thou wilt in me reveal thy name,
7. I would not to thy foe submit;
8. Shew me the blood, that bought my peace, The cov❜nant blood apply!
And all my griefs at once shall cease,
HOU man of griefs, remember me,
Thy last mysterious agony,
Thy fainting pangs, and bloody sweat!
2. When wrestling in the strength of pray❜r,
3. Father, if I may call thee so,
Remove this load of guilt and woe,
4. I tremble, lest the wrath divine,
Which bruises now my wretched soul,
5. To thee my last distress I bring!
6. I deprecate that death alone,
That endless banishment from thee: O save, and give me to thy Son, Who trembled, wept, and bled for me!
Hymn 222. L. M.
HEW pity, Lord, O Lord, forgive,
Are not thy mercies large and free?
2. My crimes are great, but don't surpass