« السابقةمتابعة »
in the House of his Servant out of Heaven fhall he thunder upon them: The Lord fhall JUDGE the Ends of the Earth, and he fhall
70. As he fpake by the Mouth of his HOLY PROPHETS, which have been fince the World BEGAN.
give STRENGTH unto his KING, and EXALT the HORN of his AN
71. That we fhould be SAVED from our ENEMIES, and from the Hand of all that hate us.
72. To perform the MERCY promised to our Fathers, and to remember his HOLY COVENANT:
73. The OATH which he SWARE to our Father A
74.That (b)he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the Hands of our ENEMIES, might ferve him without FEAR,
75. In HOLINESS and RIGHTEOUSNESS before him all the Days of our Life. 76. And thou, Child, fhalt be called the PROPHET of the HIGHEST: for thou fhalt go before the Face of the Lord, to prepare his Ways; 77. To give KNOWLEDGE of SALVATION unto his People, by the REMISSION of their SINS,
78. Through the tender Mercy of our God; whereby the Day-fpring from on high hath vifited us,
79. To give LIGHT to them that fit in Darkness, and in the Shadow of Death,
to GUIDE our Feet into the Way of PEACE.
80. And the Child grew, and waxed ftrong in Spirit, and was in the Deferts till the Day of his fhewing unto Ifrael.
(6) Pfal. viii. 2. Out of the Mouth of Babes and Sucklings haft thou ordained STRENGTH, because of thine Enemies, that thou mightest ftill the Enemy and the Avenger.
Pfal. xiii. 5. I have trufted in thy MERCY, my Heart fhall rejoice in thy SALVATION.
Pfal. xvii. 8. Keep me as the Apple of the Eye: hide me under the Shadow of thy Wings,
9. From the Wicked that oppress me, from my DEADLY ENEMIES, who compass me about.
Pfal. xxxiv. 22. The Lord REDEEMETH the SOUL of his Serand none of them that vants: TRUST in him fhall be defolate.
Pfal. Ixi. 2. From the End of the Earth will I cry unto thee, when my Heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.
3. For thou haft been a Shelter
for me, and a STRONG TOWER
from the ENEMY.
Pfal. lxviii. 1. Let Gon arife, let his ENEMIES be fcattered: let them alfo that hate him, fice before him.
Pfal. cvi. 10. And he SAVED them from the Hand of him that hated them: and REDEEMED them
from the Hand of the ENEMY.
Pfal. cxxxvi. 24. And hath REfor his Mercy endureth for ever. DEEMED us from our ENEMIES :
1 Cor. xv. 25. For he mutt reign, till he hath put all ENEMIES under his Feet.
26. The laft Enemy that fhall be deftroyed, is DEATH.
1 Pet. v. 8. Be fober, be vigilant; because your ADVERSARY the DEVIL, as a roaring Lion, walketh about feeking whom he may devour.
9. Whom refift ftedfaft in the Faith.
Matt. NOW the Birth of Jefus Chrift was on this wife: i. 18. When as his Mother Mary was efpoufed to JoSeph, before they came together, fhe was found with Child of the HOLY GHOST.
19. Then Jofeph her Husband being a juft Man, and not willing to make her a publick Example, was minded to put her away privily.
20. But while he thought on thefe Things, behold, the ANGEL of the Lord appeared unto him in a Dream, faying, Fofeph thou Son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy Wife: for that which is conceived in her, is of the Holy Ghoft.
21. And (c) fhe fhall bring Av. 30. The God of our Faforth a Son, and thou fhalt and hanged on a Tree. thers raifed up Jefus, whom ye flew, call his Name Fefus: for he fhall SAVE his People from their SINS.
23. Behold, a VIRGIN fhall be with Child, and fhall bring forth a Son, and they fhall call his Name Immanuel,which being interpreted, is, GOD WITH US.)
24. Then Jofeph being raifed from Sleep, did as the Angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his Wife:
25. And knew her not till fhe had brought forth her
31. Him hath GOD exalted with his right Hand to be a PRINCE and a SAVIOUR, for to give REPENTANCE to Ifrael, and FORGIVENESS of SINS.
1 Tim. i. 15. This is a faithful
Saying, and worthy of all Acceptation, that Chrift Jefus came into the World to SAVE Sinners.
Tit. ii. 13. Looking for that bleffed Hope, and the glorious Appearing of the great GOD, and our SA
VIOUR Jefus Chrift:
14. Who gave himself for us, that he might REDEEM us from felf a peculiar People, zealous of all INIQUITY, and purify unto himgood Works.
1 John i. 9. If we confefs our Sins, he is faithful and just to FORGIVE us Our SINS, and to cleanle us from all Unrighteoufnefs.
Chap. iii. 5. And ye know that he was manifefted to take away our SINS, and in him is no Sin.
firft-born Son; and he called his Name Jefus.
Luke ii. 1. And it came to pafs in thofe Days, that there went out a Decree from Cejar Auguftus, that all the World should be taxed,
See Ifa. viii. 14.
2. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was Governour of Syria)
3. All went to be taxed, every one into his own City.
4. And Jofeph alfo went from Galilee, out of the City of Nazareth, into Fudea, unto the City of David, (because he was of the Houfe and Linage of David)
5. To be taxed with Mary his efpoufed Wife, being great with Child.
6. And fo it was, that while they were there, the Days were accomplished that fhe fhould be delivered.
7. And he brought forth her first-born Son, and wrapped him in Swadling-Clothes, and laid him in a Manger, because there was no room for them in the Inn.
8. And there were in the fame Country SHEPHERDS abiding in the Field, keeping Watch over their Flock by Night.
9. And lo, the ANGEL of the LORD came upon them, and the GLORY of the LORD fhone round about them; and they were fore afraid.
10. And the Angel faid unto them, Fear not: for behold, I bring you GOOD TIDINGS of great Jox, which fhall be to all People.
11. For unto you is born this Day, in the City of David, a SAVIOUR, which is CHRIST the LORD.
12. And this fhall be a Sign unto you; Ye fhall find the Babe wrapped in Swadling-Clothes, lying in a Manger. 13. And fuddenly there was with the Angel a Multitude of the HEAVENLY HOST
PRAISING GOD, and faying,
14. GLORY to God in the higheft, and on EarthPEACE, Good Will towards Men.
15. And it came to pass as the Angels were gone away from them into Heaven, the Shepherds faid one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and fee this Thing which is come to pafs, which the Lord hath made known unto us.
16. And they came with hafte, and found Mary and Jofeph,
The glad Tidings of PEACE
Pfalm xxix. 11. The Lord will
Pf. lxxxv. 8. I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for he will fpeak PEACE unto his People, and to his Saints.
19. MERCY and TRUTH are me together: RIGHTEOUSNESS
and PEACE have kifled each other.
Pf. cxix. 165. Great PEACE have all they which love thy Law: and nothing fall offend them.
Fofeph, and the Babe lying in a Manger.
17. And when they had feen it, they made known abroad the Saying which was told them concerning this Child.
18. And all they that heard it, wondred at thofe Things which were told them by the Shepherds.
19. But Mary kept all thefe Things, and pondered
them in her Heart.
20. And the Shepherds returned, glorifying and praifing God for all the Things that they had heard and feen.
Prov. iii. 17. Her Ways are Ways of Pleafantnefs, and all her Paths are PEACE.
Ifai. ix. 6. For unto us a CHILD is born, unto us a SoN is given, and the GOVERNMENT fhail be upon his Shoulder: and his NAME
fhall be called, WONDERFUL, COUNSELLOR, The MIGHTY GOD, The EVERLASTING FATHER, The
PRINCE OF PEACE.
7. Of the Increase of his Go
VERNMENT and PEACE, there shall be no END.
Chap. xxvi. 3. Thou wilt keep him in perfe& PEACE, whofe Mind is stayed on thee: because he truft
eth in thee.
12. Lord, thou wilt ordain PEACE for us: for thou also hast wrought all our Works in us.
Chap. xxxii. 17. And the Works of Righteoufnefs fhall be PEACE, and the Effect of Righteoufness QUIETNESS and ASSURANCE for
Chap. liii. 5. But he was wounded for our Tranfgreffions, he was bruifed for our Iniquities: the Chaftifement of our PEACE was upon him, and with his Stripes we are healed.
Chap. Ivii. 19. I create the Fruit of the Lips; PEACE, PEACE to him that is far off, and to him that is near, faith the Lord, and I will heal him. 20. But the Wicked are like the troubled Sea, when it cannot reft; whofe Waters caft up Mire and Dirt.
21. There is no PEACE, faith my God, to the Wicked.
Nahum i. 15. Behold upon the Mountains the Feet of him that bringeth GOOD TIDINGS, that publifheth PEACE.
Zach. ix. 10. He fhall fpeak PEACE unto the Heathen: and his DoMINION fhall be from Sea to Sea, and from the River even unto the Ends of the Earth.
Luke xix. 38. Bleffed be the KING that cometh in the Name of the LORD: PEACE in Heaven, and GLORY in the highest.
Jobr. xiv. 27. PEACE I leave with you, my PEACE I give unto you : not as the World giveth, give I unto you. Let not your Heart be trou bled, neither let it be afraid.
Chap. xvi. 33. Thefe Things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have PEACE. In the World ye fhall have Tribulation: but be of good Cheer, I have overcome the World.
As x. 36. The Word which GOD fent unto the Children of Ifrael, preaching PEACE by Jefus Chrift (he is Lord of all.)
Rom. v. 1. Therefore being juftified by FAITH, we have PEACE with GoD, through our Lord Jefus Chrift.
Chap. viii. 6. To be carnally minded, is DEATH; but to be spiritually minded, is LIFE and PEACE.
Chap. xiv. 17. For the Kingdom of Gon is not Meat and Drink, but RIGHTEOUSNESS, and PEACE, and Joy in the Holy Ghost.
Gal. v. 22. But the Fruit of the Spirit is LovE, Joy, and PEACE,
Long duffering, Gentleness, Goodness, Faith.
Phil. iv. 7. And the PEACE of GoD which paffeth all Understanding, fhall keep your Hearts and Minds through Chrifi Jefus.
The Circumcifion of CHRIST.
Luke AND when eight Days were accomplished for
Circumcifing the Child, his Name was called JESUS, which was fo named of the Angel before he was conceived in the Womb.
22. And when the Days of her Purification, according to the Law of Mofes, were accomplished, they brought him to Jerufalem, to prefent him to the LORD,
23. (As it is written in the Law of the Lord, Every Male that openeth the Womb fhall be called holy to the Lord) 24. And to offer a Sacrifice according to that which is faid in the Law of the Lord, A pair of Turtle-Doves, or two young Pigeons.
25. And behold, there was a Man in Jerufalem, whose and Name was Simeon; and the fame Man was JUST DEVOUT, waiting for the CONSOLATION of Ifrael: and the HOLY GHOST was upon him.
26. And it was revealed unto him by the HOLY GHOST, that he fhould not fee Death, before he had seen the LORD'S CHRIST.
27. And he came by the SPIRIT into the Temple: and when the Parents brought in the Child Jefus, to do for him after the Cuftom of the Law,
28. Then took he him up in his Arms, and bleffed God, and faid,
29. LORD, now letteft thou thy Servant depart in PEACE, according to thy Word.
30. For mine Eyes have feen thy SALVATION:
31. Which thou hast prepared before the Face of all People:
32. A LIGHT to lighten the Gentiles, and the Glory of thy People Ifrael.
33. And Jofeph and his Mother marvelled at thofe Things which were fpoken of him.
34. And Simeon bleffed them, and faid unto Mary his Mother, Behold, this Child is fet for the Fall and Rifing again of many in Ifrael; and for a Sign which fhall be fpoken against :