« السابقةمتابعة »
OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS:
ARRANGED IN LECTURES FOR THE USE OF FAMILIES,
REV. CHARLES GIRDLESTONE, M.A.
RECTOR OF ALDERLEY, CHESHIRE
IN SIX VOLUMES.
PRINTED FOR J. G. F. & J. RIVINGTON,
ST. PAUL'S CHURCH YARD,
AND WATERLOO PLACE, PALI. MALL.
1. 1. The Lord exhorteth Joshua;
2. 1. The two spies sent to Jericho
3. 1. The people pass over Jordan
4. 1. Twelve stones are pitched in
5. 1. The Israelites are all circum-
6. 14. Jericho is utterly destroyed.
7. 1. The Israelites are smitten at
7. 16. Achan is convicted, and
8. 1. The Lord giveth orders for
8. 18. Ai is taken and destroyed.
8. 30. The Law is written and re-
366. Of our title, help, and way, to
367. That no mere human example
368. Of glorifying God for the help
369. In what case a memorial is
370. That we ought to put all our
371. The confidence of the wicked.
373. That God often deals with us
374. That God will bring to light
375. Against presumption and being
376. The end of God's enemies.
377. The warrant of the Israelites
9. 16. The Gibeonites are sentenced
10. 1. The victory which God gave
to Joshua over five kings.
10. 15. The five kings are taken and
10. 28. Seven more kings are con-
379. The solemn obligation of an
380. How easy the greatest mi-
$81. True compassion for the hea-
382. Our danger of perishing ever-
383. Against questioning the deal-
PART. IH. O. T.