« السابقةمتابعة »
31. The Blessed, who comes in the Name of Psalm cxviii. 26; lxxii. 18. Matt.
32. A Sceptre that shall rise out of Israel. Numb. xxiv. 17.
33. The Head over all Things. Eph. i. 22. 34. The Heir of all Things. Heb. i. 2. 35. The Bridegroom. Matt. xxv. 1. Isa. lxii. 45.
36. Arm of the Lord. Isa., li. 9; liii. 1. 37. The Keeper of Israel. Psalm cxxi. 4. (Gen. xlviii. 16. Exod. xxxiii. 2.)
38. The Consolation of Israel. Luke ii. 25. 39. The Glory of the People Israel. Isa. lx. 19. Luke ii. 32.
40. The Portion of Jacob. Jer. x. 16.
41. The King having Salvation. Zech. ix. 9. 42. Mighty to save. Isa. lxiii. 1.
43. A Nobleman that went into a far Country, to receive for himself a Kingdom. Luke
44. The Husband, to whom the Church as a chaste Virgin is espoused. 2 Cor. xi. 2. Ps.. xlv. 10, 12, 15, 16. Isa. liv. 5.
45. A Strength, a Strength to the Needy. Isa. xii. 2; xxv. 4; xlix. 5. Jer. xvi. 19. (Luke xi. 22.) i ioyu
46. A stronger Man.
47. Zerubbabel. Zech. iv. 6, 7, 9, 10. Hag. ii. 3, 5, 22, 24.
48. The Hope of Glory. Col. i. 27. 1 Tim. i. 1.
49. The most Mighty. Ps. xlv. 3. Isa. ix. 6. 50. Shiloh. Gen. xlix. 10.
51. He that liveth. Rev. i. 18.
52. A Man of War, or the most warlike. Exod. xv. 3.
53. He that treadeth the Wine-press alone. Isa. lxiii. 2, 3.
54. He judgeth among the Gods. Psalm lxxxii. 1.
55. The Judge of Quick and Dead. Acts
56. The Judge of all the World. Gen. xviii.
57. A tall Cedar, cropt off from the Top of young Twigs, and planted in the Mountain of the Height of Israel. Ezek. xvi. 22, 24. Compare Cant. v. 15.
58. A great Mountain. Dan. ii. 35. 59. A Stone cut out without Hands. ii. 34.
60. A Light of the City of the new JerusaRev. xxi. 23.
61. Christ is all, and in all. Col. iii. 11.
VII. The Names by which the Bridegroom is distinguished in the Song of Solomon.
62. The King. i. 12; iii. 9, 11.
63. The Beloved, the Well-beloved. i. 13, 14; ii. 3, 8, 9, 10, 16, 17; iv. 16; v. 2, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 16; vi. 1, 2; vii. 10, 11,13; viii. 5, 14. 64. Whom my Soul loveth. i. 7; iii. 1, 2, 3. 65. A Bundle of Myrrh. i. 13.
66. A Cluster of Camphire. i. 14.
67. Fair and pleasant. i. 16.
68. The Rose of Sharon. ii. 1.
69. Who feedeth among the Lilies. ii. 16; vi. 2.
70. Solomon. iii. 7; viii. 11, 12.
71. King Solomon. iii. 9. 11.
72. White and ruddy. v. 10.
73. The Chiefest among ten thousand. v. 10. Compare Dan. vii. 10.
74. My Brother. viii. 1.
THE Apostle Paul has said, "Therefore, leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection." It therefore seems necessary to have this end of all our labour in view. The idea of the impossibility of perfection in this life, leaves a chasm in the work of Christianity, which must militate against that desirable stimulus; that fervent hope; which every pious mind ought to possess, that, through Divine assistance, he may in the end be healed and cleansed from all impurity, and "his robes washed white in the blood of the Lamb." Surely this must be the true Christian's hope!
If nothing unholy or unclean can enter the kingdom, is it after death the work is to be accomplished? It therefore seems that the doctrine of Perfection is consistent with the Scriptures.
Noah was a just man, and perfect in his generation; and Noah walked with God. Gen. vi. 9.
The Lord appeared to Abraham, and said unto him, "I am the Almighty God: walk before me, and be thou perfect." xvii. 1.
Thou shalt be perfect with the Lord thy God. Deut. xviii. 13.
David says, "God is my strength and power, and he maketh my way perfect." 2 Sam. xxii. 33.
There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was perfect and upright. Job i. 1.
Behold, God will not cast away a perfect man, neither will he help the evil doers. viii, 20.
If I say I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse; though I were perfect, vet would I not know my soul. This is one thing, therefore I said it; he destroyeth the perfect and the wicked. ix. 20 to 22.
Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright, for the end of that man is peace. Psalm xxxvii. 37.
Be ye perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. Matt. v. 48.
If thou wilt be perfect, go, sell that thou hast, &c. &c. xix. 21.
And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them, that they may be one as we are one; I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one. John xvii. 22, 23.
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ. Ephes. iv. 13. Warning every man, and teaching every man
in all wisdom, that we may present every man
perfect in Christ Jesus. Col. i. 28.