« السابقةمتابعة »
XV: The ftrait and narrow, with the broad
and wide Way.
TWO Paths there are thro' which all Mor=
This leads to Bliss, and that to endless Wo;
There is another unfrequented Way,
St. MATTH. Chap. VII, Vei. 13,14.
::: ) ( *3. Enter die ir at she ftrait gate ; for wide is the gate, and broad is the way that leaderb to deftru&tion, and many there be which go in there
14. Because strait is the gate, and narrow is sbe way wbich leadeth unto life, and few shere be thai find it.
xvi. The Wife and the Foolish Builders. WHO hears attentive and my Word obeys,
He's like the Man that firm Foundations lays On a strong Rock, whose Building storms defies, Tho' Rain descends, and angry Billows rise, But who at Wisdom's sacred Gates appears, And hears the Word of Life, but only hears, Shall ro that foolish Builder be compar'd, Who with vast Cost, a stately Palace rear'd. Fair to the Sight, and towring to the Sky, But on loose Sands its faithless Walls rely. See how the Heav'ns with Clouds and Tempests
frown ! What Cataracts of Rain come pouring down! How fell the muftring Waves! how lilgh they
flow, And fap the false Foundations from below;
Till with a Crack the Walls come tumbling.o're, And spread the faithless Sands whereon they stood
XVI. St. MATTH. Chap. VII. Ver. 24,25,
24. I will liken him unto a wife man, whicho built his house upon a rock.
25. And the rain descended, &c.
26. And every one that heareth shefe Sayings of mine, and doth them not, fall be likened to a foolijo man, which built his house upon the sand :
27. And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house : and is fell, and great was the fall of it.
Christ cleanses the Leper.
round With wondring Crowds, a Leprous Wretch he
O! if a Wretch like me may sue and speed,