« السابقةمتابعة »
St. MATTH. Chap. V. Ver. 10, 11, 12,
10. Bleffed are they which are perfecuted for righteousness fake for theirs is the kingdom of
11. Bleffed are ye when men fall revile you, and perfecute you, and fhall Jay all manner of evil against you falfly for my fake.
12. Rejoyce, and be exceeding glad for great is your reward in heaven for fo perfecuted they the Prophets which were before you.
Brotherly Love and Forgiveness enjoyn'd and directed.
Your Great Exemplar, make that Love divine Whose fruitful Show'rs ftill fall, whofe Sun does shine
On Good and Bad Promifcuous: thus you'll be
Above the World, and Perfect ev'n as he.
St. MATTH. Chap. V. Ver. 23, 24.
23. If thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there' remembreft that thy brother bath ought against thee;
24. Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way, first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.
The cenforious Sinner.
TO Judge another let not Man presume,
Nor yet is he cenforious who the Root
St. MATTH. Chap. VII. Ver. 3, 4, 5.
3. IVhy beholdeft thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but confidereft not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4. Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. Thou hypocrite, first caft out the beam out of thine own eye; and then fhalt thou fee clearly to caft out the mote out of thy brother's eye.