« السابقةمتابعة »
St. MARK Chap. XII. Ver. I, t9
i, One of his disciples faith unto him, Master, see what manner of stones, and what buildings are e bere.
2. And Fesus answering said unto him, Seeft thou these great buildings ? there mall not be left one stone upon another, that fall not be thrown down, &c.
15. Then tet him that is on the house-top, not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house.
T wealthy Simon's pleasant Country-Seat,
St. Mark Chap. XIV. Ver. 3,4,5,6.
3. As he sat at meat, there came a woman, having an alabaster-box of ointment of Spikenard, very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it upon his head,
4. And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made ?
5. For it might have been sold more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her.
6. And Jesus said, Let her alone, why trouble ye her ? she hath wrought a good work on me.
LXX. The Resurrection of Christ declared by an
Angel to three Women. SCarce had the sober Morning's doubtful Ray
Beckon'd the Sun and warn'd the Shades away, When the cwo Maries went with pious Care, T'anoint their Master in the Sepulchre : Concern'd, as through the filent Shades they come, To move the pond'rous Stone which clos'd the
Tomb. That Care was vain, their kind celestial Friend Had rolld it thence, they to the Vault descend; When loe, a Forin adorn'd with heav'nly Grace, Immortal Youth fat smiling in his Face: In long white Robes of pureft Æther made, And his own native Light and Flame array’d; And to the trembling Women thus he said. --I know your Cares, dispel your causless Fear, Jesus you seek, he's Risen, he's not here. The joyful News to his Disciples bear, For Galilee he's gone to meet 'em there.
They went, but till they to th' Apostles come, To none the Vision tell, amazement ftruck 'em
LXX St. Mark Chap. XVI. Ver. 2, to 8.
2. Very early in the morning, the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun, &c.
5. And entring into the sepulchre, they favo s young man sitting on the right side, clothed in a long white garment ; and they were affrighted.
6. And he faith unto them, Be not affrighted : ye feek Fesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: be is risen, he is not bere : behold the place where they laid bim. 7. But go your way, tell his disciples, &c.