« السابقةمتابعة »
Anno him, I adjure thee by the living God, Before the
of God. And ye shall fee the fon of 62. Mar. xiv.
• Mar. xiv.
Then the high Prieft rent his clothes, 65. Mat. xxvi. faying, He hath spoken blafphemy, what *Luk. xxii. farther need have we of witnesses? *for 71 Luke xxii. we our felves have heard of his own
* Mar. Kiv. mouth; &* behold now ye have heard his 65. Mat. xxvi. blafphemy. What think ye? And they 64. Mark xiv. all condemned him to be guilty of
* And the men that held Jefus, mock- 63. Luk. xxii. * Mar. xiv.ed him, and fmote him. h Then did 67. Mat. xxii. 65. they spit in his face, and buffetted him, and others fmote him with the palms of their hands. And when they had 64. Luk. xxii.' blindfolded him, they ftroke him on the face, and asked him, faying, Luk.xxii. Prophecy unto us, thou Chrift, who is he that Smote thee? And many other things blafphemously fpake they against him.
The Jews carry Jefus before Pilate,
ND ftraightway [it being yet] Mat.xxvii. morning the chief Priefts held a " confultation with the Elders and Scribes, Mat. xxvii. 1. and the whole council against Jefus 2. to put him to death. d And when they & Mark xv. Joh. xviii. 28. had bound him, they led him away JudgmentHall. from Caiaphas unto the hall of judgMar. xxvii. 2. ment, * and delivered him to Pontius Joh. xviii. 28. Pilate the governour. And it was early, and they themfelves went not into the judgment-hall, left they should be defiled; but that they might eat the Joh. xviii. 29. paffover. Pilate then went out unto them, and faid, What accufation bring. 30.you against this man. They answered
and faid unto him, If he were not a malefactor, we would not have delivered 31.him up unto thee. Then faid Pilate un
Anno Ætat. 33. Minift. 4.
to them, Take ye him, and judge him according to your law. The Jews therefore faid unto him, It is not lawful for 32. us to put any man to death: That the faying of Jefus might be fulfilled, which he fpake, fignifying what death he Luke xxii. 2. fhould dye. And they began to accufe
him, faying, We found this fellow per. JudgmentHall verting the nation, and forbidding to give tribute to Cafar, faying that he himfelf is Chrift a king. And Jefus 11. Mat. xxvii. Mar.xv, 2. ftood before the governour, and the Luk.xxiii.3. governour asked him, faying,
Art thou the king of the Jews? And Jefus faid unto him, Thou fayeft it.
tat. 33 Minift. 4.
2. Mar. xv.
* b And when he was accufed of the 12. Mat. xxvii. chief Priefts and Elders of many Mat.xxvii. things, he answered nothing. And Pilate asked him again, faying, Anfwereft thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee. But 14. Mat. xxvii. • Mar.xv.5. Jefus answered him to never a word, infomuch that the governour marvelled greatly.
b Mar. xv.3.
3. Mar. xv.
12. Mat. xxvii.
4. Mar. xv.
Then Pilate entred into the judg- 33. Joh. xviii. ment hall again, and called Jefus, and faid unto him, Art thou the king of the Jews? Jefus anfwered him, Sayeft thou 34. this thing of thy felf, or did others tell it thee of me? Pilate answered, Am 135. a Few? Thine own nation, and the chief Priests have delivered thee unto me. What haft thou done? Jefus an36. fwered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my fervants fight, that I Should not be delivered to the Fews: but now is my kingdom, not from hence. Pilate 37therefore faid to him, Art thou a king then? Jefus anfwered, Thou fayeft that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this caufe came I into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Every
JudgmentHall, Every one that is of the truth, heareth Anno Mat.xxvii. 38. my voice. Pilate faith unto him, What at 33. Minift. 4. is truth? And when he had faid this, he went out again to the Jews, and Luk. xxiii. 4-faith to the chief Priefts, and to Joh.xviii. the people, I find no fault in this man 33. at all. And they were the more Luk.xxiii.5. fierce, faying, he firreth up the people, teaching throughout all Fewry, beginning from Galilee to this place.
Luk. xxiii. 5.
6. When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked whether the man were a Galilean. And as foon as he knew that he be longed unto Herod's jurifdi&tion, he' fent him to Herod, who himfelf was 8. alfo at Jerufalem at that time. And Before Herod. when Herod faw Jefus, he was exceed ing glad for he was defirous to fee him of a long feafon, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have feen fome miracle done 9. by him. Then he queftioned with him in many words: but he anfwered him 10. nothing. And the chief Priefts and Scribes flood and vehemently accufed 11. him. And Herod with his men of wär fet him at nought, and mocked him, Before Pilate, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and 12. fent him again to Pilate. And the fame
day Pilate and Herod were made friends together; for before they were at en 13. mity between themfelves. And Pilate when he had called together the chief Priefts, and the rulers, and the people, Lak, xxii. 14. faid unto them, Te have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the
people and behold, Ihaving examined him Before Pilate Atat. 33. before you, have found no fault in this Luk. xxlii. man touching thofe things whereof ye accufe him No, nor yet Herod for 119. fent you to him, and lo nothing worthy of death is done unto him. I will there- 16. fore cbaftife him and releafe him. But 39. Joh. xviild ye have a custom that I fhould releafe unto you one at the paffover.
a Mar. xv. Now at that feaft the governour 15. Mar.xxvid was wont to releafe to the people'a priLuk. xxiii, foner, whom they would. And they 16. had then a notable prifoner, called Ba-. rabbas, which lay bound with them 7. that had made infurrection with him, who had committed murther in the infurrection. And the multitude crying 8. aloud, began to defire him to do as he 6 Mar.xv.9. had ever done unto them. Joh. xviii. * There- 17. Mat.xxvil fore when they were gathered together, Pilate faid unto them, Whom will ye that I release to you? Barabbas or Fefus, which is called Chrift the king of the 9. Mat.xxvii. Fews? (For he knew that the chief 10. Priefts had delivered him for envy) *When he was fet down on the judg- 19. Mat.xxvii. ment feat, his wife fent to him, faying, Have thou nothing to do with that. just man: for Ibave fuffered many things: this day in a dream, because of him.
Mar.xv.11. But the chief Priefts and Elders per- 20:
fuaded the multitude, that they should
• Joh.xviii, ask Barabbas, and destroy Jefus. **And 18. Luk. xxiii