« السابقةمتابعة »
* Jefus therefore knowing all things Anno Ætat. Joh. xviii. 4. that should come upon him, went forth, at 33. Minift. 4. and faid unto them, Whom Seek ye? 5. They answered him, Jefus of Nazareth. Jefus faith unto them, I am he. And Judas alfo which betrayed him, stood 6. with them. As foon then as he had faid unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. 7. Then asked he them again, Whom Seek ye? And they faid, Jefus of Naza8.reth. Jefus anfwered, I have told you
that I am he. If therefore ye feek me, 9. let thefe go their way: That the faying might be fulfilled which he fpake, Of them which thou gavest me have I loft 12. none. Then the band and the captain Mat.xxvi, and officers of the Jews took Jefus, and so. Luk. xxii. 49. bound him. When they which were Mar.xiv.46. about him, faw what would follow, they faid unto him, Lord, fhall we fmite Joh. xviii. 10. with the fword. Then Simon Peter Mat.xxvi. Mat. xxvi. 51. having a fword, ftretched forth his s1.
hand, and drew his fword, and ftroke Mar.xiv.47. Joh. xviii. 10. a fervant of the high Prieft, and cut off his right ear, the fervants name was Joh. xviii. II. Malchus. Then faid Jefus unto Peter, 10.
Mat. xxvi. 52. Put up thy fword into the fheath, for Mat.xxvi. all they that take the Sword, Shall perish uk. xxii. 53. with the fword. Thinkeft thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he Shall prefently give me more than twelve 54.legions of angels? But how then Shall the fcriptures be fulfilled, that thus it Joh. xviii. 1. muft be. The cup which my Father
baah given me; Shall I not drink it? Garden.
c. Mat.xxvi. с
Then Jefus faid unto the chief Priests 52.
"fwords and ftaves for to take me?55. Mat. xxvi. Mar. xiv. "I fat daily with you teaching in the "temple, and ye laid no hold on me.
Luk. xxii. * But this is your hour, and the 53. Luk.xxii.
Then all the difciples forfook him and fled. And there followed him a 51. Mar. xiv. certain young man, having a linen cloth caft about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him. And 52. he left the linen cloth and fled from them naked.
* And they led [Jefus] away to An- 13. John xviii. nas first, (for he was father in law to Jerufalem. Caiaphas, which was the high Priest that fame year.) Now Caiaphas was he 14. which gave counfel to the Jews, that it was expedient that one man fhould die for the people. (Now Annas had fent 24. * Mar. xiv. him bound untoCaiaphas the high Prieft.)
* And they that had laid hold on Je- 57. Mar. xxvi. Luk. xxii. fus, led him away to Caiaphas the high Mat.xxvi. Prieft,* and with him were affembled 53. Mar. xiv. 57. all the chief Priefts, and Elders, and Mat.xxvi. the Scribes.
* 1 And Simon Peter followed Jefus 15 Joh.xviii. Mar.xiv. 54 * Luk. xxli. a far off, and fo did another difciple 58.Matxxvi.
that 15. Joh. xviii.
High Prieft's that was known unto the high Priest, Anno
Mar. xiv. 66. * And as Peter was beneath in the "Mat.xxvi. palace, there cometh one of the maids 69.
67. of the high Prieft. And when fhe faw Luk.xxii. Luk. xxii. 56. Peter warming himself, the earnestly 56. John xviii.17. looked upon him. Then faith the damfel that kept the door unto Peter,
Mar. xiv. 67. And thou alfo waft with Fefus of Mat.xxvi. 68. Nazareth. But he denied, faying, 169, 70. know not, neither understand I what thou, 56, 57. Luk.xxii.57. Sayeft, I know him not. *And he joh. xviii. Mar.xiv.68. went out into the porch; and the cock 17. Joh. xviii. 18. crew. And the fervants and officers
stood there, who had made a fire of coals, (for it was cold) and they warmed themselves and Peter ftood with Mar. xiv. Mat. xxvi. 71. them, and warmed himself. And when he was gone out into the porch, another maid faw him, and faid unto Mar. xiv. them that were there, This fellow was 70. Joh.xviii. 25. alfo with Jefus of Nazareth. * And Luke xxii. [as] Simon Peter ftood and warmed John xviii. 58. himself: they faid unto him, Art thou 25. Mat. xxvi. 72. alfo one of his difciples? And again Mat.xxvi. he denied with an oath, I do not know 73 Luk. xxii. 59. the man, * And about the space of Luke xxii.
one hour after one of the fervants of High Prieft's Paiace. the high Prieft (being his kinfman Minift. 4. whofe ear Peter had cut off) faith,
26. John xviii.
* Of a truth this fellow alfo was with 59. Luke xxii. bim. Did not I fee thee in the garden 26. John xviii. with him? *for thou art a Galilean, and 70. Mark xiv. Mat.xxvi. thy Speech agreeth thereto. b But he be-71.
gan to curfe and to fwear, faying, I know Luk. xxii. not this man of whom ye Speak. And 6o. Luke xxii. Joh. xviii. immediately while he yet fpake the cock crew. And the Lord turned, and 61. Mar.xiv.72. looked upon Peter; and Peter rememMat.xxvi. bred the word of the Lord, how he had faid unto him, Before the cock crow
Luk. xxii. twice, thou Shalt deny me thrice. 72. Mark xiv.
*The high Prieft then asked Jefus of 19. Johnxviii. his difciples, and of his doctrine. Je- 20. fus answered him, "I fpake openly to "the world, I ever taught in the fy66 nagogue, and in the temple, whither "the Jews always refort, and in fecret "have I faid nothing. Why askeft 21. "thou me? ask them which heard me, "what I have faid unto them: behold,
they know what I faid. And when 22. John xviii. he had thus fpoken, one of the officers which stood by, ftroke Jefus with the palm of his hand, faying, Anfwereft thou the high Prieft fo? Jefus answered him, If I have spoken evil, bear witnefs of the evil; but if well, why fmiteft thou me ?
*d Now the chief Priefts and Elders, 59. Mat. xxvi. and all the council fought falfe witness
d Mar. xiv.
Mark xiv. 56.
High Priest's against Jefus to put him to death, But Anno
The morning come, the chief Priests
Łuk. xxvi. 66.
ND as foon as it was day, the Elders of the people, and the chief Priests and the Scribes came together, and led him into their council,
Mar. xiv. 60. And the high Prieft ftood up in the a Mat.xxvi.
*And Mat. xiv.
the high Prieft answered and faid unto 62.